AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120
Aerospace Standard Foundation Course
Aviation, Space & Defense. Take the first step into Aerospace
Designed to assist organizations in better understanding the AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 Quality Management System application and implementation, these standards include ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) requirements and specific additional aviation, space and defence industry requirement.
Aerospace Foundation Course
This 16-hour (two-day) course is the ideal starting point in learning the fundamentals of the AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 standard and associated documents, including the AS9104 trilogy; giving insight into the reasons behind the requirements. This introduction will provide vital information to guide companies in reviewing current systems, planning and accomplishing change, and understanding the challenges associated with implementing the AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 QMS standards.
This course is also intended for auditors who have successfully completed a quality management system (ISO 9001 based) auditor training course approved by a training provider certification body, such as DNV Business Assurance. This course is designed to meet the full requirements of AS9104.
Who should attend?
All employees involved in the AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 process, especially management representatives, managers, general managers, steering committee members, internal auditors and others who are involved in providing related services to the Aviation, Space and Defense industries
- Managers of all levels
- Quality professionals / Management representatives
- Internal and external auditors
- Auditors desiring a background in Aerospace Management Systems
- Company representatives wishing to understand the aerospace audit process
Participants will be able to acquire the knowledge and skills to develop, implement and review the AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 Quality Management System in their organisation as well as have opportunities and discussions to understand Introduction to the reasons and process for developing a new standard, such as the AS9104 trilogy.
- Key changes in terminology, philosophy, and structure of aerospace requirements – how will they affect your company
- Documentation and auditor approval requirements for an AS9100/AS9110/AS9120
- Discussion of International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) requirements for AQMS certification/registration programs
- Detailed discussion and explanation of the intent of each clause of the AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 standards
- Calibration requirements, including the requirements for software which controls monitoring and measuring equipment
- Hierarchy of authority’s requirements (i.e. FAA or other CAA, military, space) and applicable advisory materials, where to obtain additional information and how to incorporate authority’s requirements into the audit activities
- Explanation of proper nonconformity writing (required for all certified aerospace training courses)
The course is interactive in nature with emphasis on active involvement of participants in group-work, brainstorming sessions, reflection exercises and assessment of case studies. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop an AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 implementation plan
- Proceed as a company to achieve AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120 conformity or certification
- Understand topics such as: Process mapping, OASIS database and Proper terminology
- Understand issues relating to supplier control and flow down of requirements to suppliers
AS9100 / AS9110 / AS9120
(2-day Foundation Course)