FSMS AUDITOR/LEAD AUDITOR TRAINING COURSE BASED ON THE FSSC 2200
CQI IRCA Certified Course : 17848
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against *FSSC2200:2013/ISO 22000:2005, in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 22003 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
This course is highly interactive in nature with emphasis on the active involvement of participants in group-work, brainstorming sessions, quizzes, reflection exercises and participants teaching each other, which help participants in assimilating and consolidating their understanding of auditing the FSMS based on FSSC 22000* standard and relevant ISO standards effectively.
Participants will be evaluated through a series of continuous assessments during the course, followed by a written exam to test their understanding of the learning objectives. * FSSC 22000 standard includes ISO22000 standard requirements as well.
FSMS Auditor/Lead Auditor training course based on the FSSC 22000
Learning Objective: The principal aim of this course is to help participants assess the adequacy of the design, implementation and improvement of food safety management system against ISO 22000:2005 in accordance with ISO 19011.
During this course, we take you through and explain:
- The purpose, content and interrelationship of the management system standards; ISO 22000:2005, ISO /TS 22002-1 the ISO 9000:2000 series; guidance documents; industry practice; standard operating procedures; and the legislative framework relevant to a FSMS.
- Auditor attributes & Auditing techniques including how to plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management systems audits in accordance with 19011.
- Interpret the requirements of FSSC/ ISO 22000:2005 in the context of an audit with particular reference to:
- The effectiveness of the organization’s management of risk through its food safety risk assessment and control planning.
- The capability of an organization to maintain and exceed compliance with legislative requirements.
- The adequacy of the organization’s emergency preparedness and response. – The implementation of operational risk control, monitoring and measurement.
- The continuous improvement of food safety management system performance
Experienced food safety professionals seeking an understanding of the management systems approach to food safety and process based auditing skills required to audit food safety management systems.
For successful completion of the course; we strongly recommend that you already have;
- Knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to participants´food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programs as specified in ISO/ TS 22002-1.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a FSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
At the end of the course, participants will be:
- Able to interpret the requirements of FSSC / ISO 22000 in the context of an FSMS audit.
- Check and confirm the FSMS audit objectives and carry out Information risk assessment based on information security threats to assets, inherent vulnerabilities and corresponding impact on an organization.
- Apply the FSSC/ ISO 22000 standard clauses appropriately in an audit situation.
- Undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, and report and follow up a FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as an CQI IRCA Food Safety Auditor.
Did you know?
- Participant evaluation is through Continuous Assessment during all five days and written examination at the end of the course.
- Students who successfully complete this FSMS Auditor/ Lead Auditor training course certified by CQI IRCA will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as a CQI IRCA Food Safety Auditor (IRCA/902).
- You can now record your CQI IRCA certificate to access exclusive resources via www.quality.org