Integrated Management System
Integrated Management System Internal Auditor Course
One stop audit for quality, safety and the environment.
Companies often find it more efficient to combine 2 or 3 systems (quality, environmental and safety) into an integrated system to maximise productivity and shorten audit time. DNV GL – Business Assurance’s Integrated Management System (IMS) internal auditor course trains delegates to be prepared and proficient in the requirements of an internal IMS audit.
IMS Internal Auditor Course
The IMS training courses teaches the fundamentals of management systems integration; especially those based on the ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) standard, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) standard and Occupational Health, and Safety Assessment Series 18001 (OHSAS) of international standards. It also highlights the use of PAS 99 (Publicly Available Specification).
There are several benefits of adopting an integrated management system – one of which is consistent planning and document management, which also results in the reduction in the repetition of common requirements, thus giving way to conducting easier internal audits. DNV GL – Business Assurance’s training allows internal auditors to perform effective audits that provide improvement for your organisation.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for delegates from all backgrounds, including individuals, teams, or organisations wishing to add value or enhance their organisation’s performance by equipping themselves with internal audit skills specifically developed for integrated management systems.
- Quality / Environmental / Safety Officers or Professionals
- Operations Managers
- Internal Auditors / Auditors
- Executives tasked with preparing for IMS certification
Participants will be trained in the principles and practices of the requirements of IMS for QMS / EMS / OHSAS and in accordance with ISO 19011, based on the performance of value-added auditing as well as learn:
- Quality, Environment & Safety Management principles and requirements
- The process approach and identification of Aspects & Impacts and Hazards & Risks
- Establishing an internal audit programme – planning, preparing, performing and reporting internal audits
- Verifying corrective action & auditing for improvement
The course is interactive in nature with emphasis on active involvement of participants in group-work, brainstorming sessions, reflection exercises and assessment of case studies which will result in the participants’ developing understanding and skills for conducting internal audits for an IMS effectively. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Ensure the correct application of accepted audit protocols for IMS
- Plan and undertake internal audits
- Facilitate value-added auditing and reporting to aid enhanced system performance
Integrated Management System
(3-day Internal Auditor Course)