Food Safety Management Systems Internal Auditor Course ISO 22000:2005
Conduct a food safety management system internal audit
Participants will be made aware of the current best practices in the ﬁeld of food safety audit of FSMS and will be encouraged to develop their internal audit skills through analysis and self criticism. ISO22000 applies to all organizations directly or indirectly involved in the food chain.
FSMS Internal Auditor Course
Food and beverage products is something to which all consumers relate. They look to the industry for safe and sustainable products, increasingly holding food manufacturers and retailers accountable for all aspects of what they as consumers eat and drink. A systematic approach to all aspects of your food production is critical, starting already at the primary production stage for your product and with competence for your employees.
This practicum is intended for internal auditors and other internal stakeholders involved in developing, implementing or improving Food Safety management systems such as ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, BRC, SQF, IFS.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for experienced food safety professionals seeking an understanding of the management systems approach to food safety and the skills required to conduct an internal audit effectively against food safety management standards.
- All food business operators including hotels, retailers, caterers.
- Manufacturers of equipment for food processing.
- Food related packaging material/ chemicals.
- Personnel from Pesticide, Fertilizer.
- Management system Auditor and consultants.
- Representatives from authorities.
Participants will be trained in the principles and practices of FSMS auditing in a manner compatible with ISO 22000, in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011 as well as learn:
- Food Safety Management System – Why and What?
- Risk Management through process approach
- Pre-requisite program
- ISO 22000 Purpose and requirements
- Why and what is an audit?
- Audit Planning for Food Safety
- Conduct of ISO 22000 Audit
- Audit Reporting and Follow up
The course is highly interactive in nature with emphasis on active involvement of participants in group-work, brainstorm- ing sessions, quizzes, reﬂection exercises and participants teaching each other, which will help participants in assimilating and consolidating their understanding of auditing the FSMS based on ISO 22000 standard effectively. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn to describe food safety with process approach and the purpose, structure and requirements of ISO22000 from the point of view of an internal auditor.
- Gain knowledge about the responsibilities of an internal auditor and how internal food safety audit plays a role in the maintenance and improvement of food safety management systems.
- Gain skills in conducting food safety audits, through audit interviews, following audit trails and through observations, listening and questioning skills.
- Be able to link evidence to non-conformities and identify areas of improvement.
- Acquire skills related to audit report writing, presentation of audit ﬁndings and submissions of recommendations for corrective and preventive actions and verifying the effectiveness of corrective actions post the audit.
Food Safety Management System
(2-day Internal Auditor Course)