Information Security Management System Foundation Course
Understand information security fundamentals – Improve business security.
Learn the key terms, definitions and concepts of information security management system (ISMS) through DNV GL – Business Assurance’s ISO 27001 Foundation Training Course. The course allows delegates to become familiar with concepts of information security management and the ISO 27001 standard.
ISMS Foundation Course
IT services need to be managed according to quality standards to ensure that your data is correct, stored and available. Organisations also need to make sure that it can’t be tampered with and that information is actually safe. Therefore, it is recommended to implement information management systems and security policies to ensure data access and security. They also need the skills to enforce these policies and to enable people to live by them.
DNV GL – Business Assurance’s ISO 27001 Foundation course gives the participants an understanding of how ISO 27001 fits into the big picture and how would an information security management system improve your organisation’s business security through measures and policies.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are involved in designing, implementing, maintaining and improving an ISO 27001 information security management system and is recommended for those who are interested to learn the fundamentals of ISO 27001.
- Data / Information Security Managers
- IT Support and Security Executive
- Security Analysts / Officers
- HR, Facilities & Physical Security Responsible
- Risk Compliance Managers with IT Portfolio
- Executives tasked with preparing for ISO 27001 for their organisations
Participants will be able to have insight and gain knowledge of the importance and relevance of ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) and its basics such as:
- ISMS fundamentals and vocabulary
- ISO/IEC 27001; the series of standards and requirements
- Information Security System structure and documentation
- Information Security Risk Assessment
This training course is highly interactive with extensive participant involvement. Combining discussions necessary to provide the knowledge and principles of ISMS and exercises for the practical application of the basic principles, participants will gain the skills of ISMS implementation for their organisation. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Information Security Management
- Examine and interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
- PDCA approach to information security management systems
- Improve business security with an ISMS
- Initiate and prepare an personal action plan
Information Security Management System
(1.5-day Foundation Course)