Information Security Management System Lead Auditor Course
Optimize your information security management system and increase confidence in your systems
The Information Security Management System (ISMS) Auditor/Lead Auditor course enables the participants to interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 in the context of an external ISMS audit. Participants will be able to undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 guidelines.
ISMS Lead Auditor Course
IT services need to be managed according to quality standards to ensure that your data is correct, stored and available. Organisations also need to make sure that it can’t be tampered with and that information is actually safe. Therefore, it is recommended to implement information management systems and security policies to ensure data access and security. They also need the skills to enforce these policies and to enable people to live by them.
This course enables potential ISMS auditors to understand the purpose of an information security management system and also be able to explain the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing and improving an ISMS as defined in the ISO 27001 standard, including the significance of these for ISMS auditors.
Who should attend?
The ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor course is designed for participants requiring an in-depth understanding of the auditing process from various perspectives. It is thus recommended that the participants have a basic knowledge of the requirements of ISO 27001 before they attend the course.
- Data / Information Security Managers and/or Auditors
- IT Support and Security Executive
- Security Analysts / Officers
- HR, Facilities & Physical Security Responsible
- Risk Compliance Managers with IT Portfolio
- Executives tasked with preparing for ISO 27001 for their organisations
Participants will be trained in the principles and practices of ISMS auditing which are specially designed based on the ISO 27001 family of international standards for greater understanding for information security management as well as learn:
- Risk management system approach
- ISO 27001 standard interpretation in the context of an audit
- Key information security performance
- Audit process and skills
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors
The course is highly interactive in nature with emphasis on active involvement of students in group-work, brainstorming sessions, quizzes, reflection exercises and experience sharing, discussions of real life examples which will help students in assimilating and consolidating their understanding of the ISMS based on ISO 27001 standard effectively. The trainer will provide his theoretical inputs to supplement the course and impart applied knowledge to various situations. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Examine, plan and conduct a relevant and efficient ISMS audit
- Report on audit, including writing valid, factual and valueadding non-conformity reports
- Identify and assess infomation security risks
- Define and produce objectives, targets and programmes
- Establish monitoring and measurement parameters
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective action
Information Security Management System
(5-day Lead Auditor Course)