Information Security Management System Risk Assessment Course
Maintain relevance – Perform regular risk assessments for information security
Information risk management assessment should be an integral part of any business process in any type of organisation, large or small, and within any industry sector. Performing risk assessment for information and data systems is a necessity for all businesses in order to avoid business interruption, reduce losses and ensure sustainable performance.
ISMS Risk Assessment Course
IT services need to be managed according to quality standards to ensure that your data is correct, stored and available. Organisations also need to make sure that it can’t be tampered with and that information is actually safe. Therefore, it is recommended to implement information management systems and security policies to ensure data access and security. They also need the skills to enforce these policies and to enable people to live by them.
The Information Security Management System Risk Assessment course will depart skills necessary for the participants to perform general risk assessments that are able to identify relevant risks/ opportunities in their information security system, rank them and work out mitigation plans for the key risks in their company or organisation.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are involved or interested in performing, implementing or/and improving risk management procedures for their ISMS and is recommended for those who are interested to learn risk assessment to supplement their knowledge for information security.
- Data / Information Security Managers and/or Auditors
- IT Support and Security Executive
- Security Analysts / Officers
- HR, Facilities & Physical Security Responsible
- Risk Compliance Managers with IT Portfolio
- Executives tasked with preparing for ISO 27001 for their organisations
Participants will understand the terminology used and learn the importance and relevance of a Risk Assessment of ISO 27001 and its topics such as:
- Overview of Risk Management
- Risk Assessment for ISMS
- ISMS Risk Management; Hazard identification, analysis and determining control measures
This training course is highly interactive with extensive participant involvement. Combining discussions necessary to provide the knowledge and principles of an ISMS risk assessment, there will also be exercises for the practical application of the basic principles and a risk assessment model for ISO 27001. Participants will thus gain the skills to implement risk assessment and management for their organisation’s ISMS. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, benefits and importance of a risk assessment and its methodology
- Identify hazard/risk aspects and impacts
- Design and use an ISMS risk assessment model against their organisation
Information Security Management System
(2-day Risk Assessment Course)