Energy Management System Foundation Course
Manage your resources, understanding energy management
Learn the key terms, definitions and concepts of energy management through DNV GL – Business Assurance’s ISO 50001 Foundation Training Course. The course allows delegates to gain knowledge by examples, exercises and relevant case studies.
EnMS Foundation Course
Energy efficiency and its resource management is especially relevant in today’s context of global warming and climate change. Energy production is responsible for sixty percent of the world’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions. The ISO 50001 Energy Management System (EnMS) standard is in line with this requirement to help firms and organisations address and reference energy management issues on a global standard.
This 2-day workshop provides participants with practical knowledge regarding ISO 50001 as well as tools and methods for implementing an EnMS for the improvement of energy efficiency in their organisation.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are involved or interested in implementing, maintaining, or preparing for an ISO 50001 EnMS for organisations, or who are interested to learn the fundamentals of ISO 50001.
- Energy Managers / Auditors
- Energy Management Representatives
- Executives tasked with preparing for ISO 50001 certification
- Professionals seeking entry into energy management market
Participants will be able to have insight and gain knowledge of the importance and relevance of ISO 50001 EnMS and its basics such as:
- Introduction to energy management
- Management responsibility
- Energy management planning
- Implementing an energy management system
- Performance monitoring and documentation
This training course is highly interactive with extensive participant involvement. Combining discussions necessary to provide the knowledge and principles of EnMS and workshops and exercises for the practical application of the basic principles, participants will understand the basics and benefits of an EnMS. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain and discuss the purpose and importance of an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Apply the principles and initiate the implementation of an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Identify energy saving solutions for common energy applications for your organisation
- Initiate and develop an energy management improvement plan