MODERN SAFETY MANAGEMENT 2
Advanced Safety Management Course
Modern Safety Management 2: Building Risk Competence for your organisation.
The objective of DNV GL – Business Assurance’s MSM2 is to provide you with the necessary tools and techniques for the integration of safety and loss control into your other management systems, and not separating them as a unique area of concern, in turn, building risk competence.
Modern Safety Management 2 (MSM2)
Modern Safety Management is the most widely attended course of its kind in the world and DNV GL’s best selling course worldwide. MSM2 is based on proven principles of safety management and provides participants with the fundamental concepts and techniques for a practical, proactive approach to managing safety and controlling losses.
Who should attend?
Modern Safety Management is recommended for safety managers, risk managers, supervisors and other operating managers who have management system responsibilities.
- Front line Supervisors
- Middle Managers
- HSEQ Managers/Coordinators
- Senior Managers
Participants will be provided with practical and proactive management techniques to ensure safe and sustainable operations, this training course emcompasses the latest risk management concepts and techniques needed to implement an integrated health, safety, security, environmental and quality management system, as well as cover the following topics:
- Understanding Management system
- Culture and Behaviour
- Monitoring, Measuring and Review
- Maintenance and Inspections
- Changing behaviour
- Managing Risk and Risk Recognition
- Change Management
- Contractor Management
- Risk Evaluation, Risk Control and Monitoring
- Emergency preparedness
- Learning from Events
The course is interactive in nature with emphasis on active involvement of participants in group-work, brainstorming sessions, reflection exercises and assessment of case studies which will result in the participants’ developing understanding and skills for understanding MSM’s risk management concepts effectively. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the processes and activities that have proven effective for managing risks and improving performance.
- Be able to apply fundamental concepts and tools to design and implement an effective risk management system.
- Be able to apply practical tools for risk identification, evaluation and control.
- Know how to apply behaviour management techniques.
- Be more effective leaders in the continual improvement of health, safety, environmental and business performance.
MSM2: Building Risk Competence
Modern Safety Management
(5-day MSM2 Course)