Food Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Course ISO 22000:2005 (IRCA Course Certiﬁcation No. A 17376)
Prepare and lead a food safety management system audit
This 5-day full-time classroom-based Food Safety Management Auditor/Lead Auditor Course ISO 22000:2005 equips students with the knowledge and skills required to perform audits of Food Safety Management Systems against ISO 22000, in accordance with ISO 19011. ISO22000 applies to all organizations directly or indirectly involved in the food chain.
FSMS Lead Auditor Course
Food and beverage products is something to which all consumers relate. They look to the industry for safe and sustainable products, increasingly holding food manufacturers and retailers accountable for all aspects of what they as consumers eat and drink. A systematic approach to all aspects of your food production is critical, starting already at the primary production stage for your product and with competence for your employees.
This course is certiﬁcated by the IRCA Governing Board (Certiﬁ cation ref: A17061) and satisﬁ es the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA Auditor Certiﬁ cation Schemes.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for experienced food safety professionals seeking an understanding of the management systems approach to food safety and the skills required to audit effectively against food safety management standards.
- All food business operators including hotels, retailers, caterers.
- Manufacturers of equipment for food processing.
- Food related packaging material/ chemicals.
- Personnel from Pesticide, Fertilizer.
- Management system Auditor and consultants.
- Representatives from authorities.
Participants will be trained in the principles and practices of FSMS auditing in a manner compatible with ISO 22000, in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011 as well as learn:
- Purpose and business beneﬁts of a food safety management system and the process based approach to the FSMS that involves establishing, implementing and operating, monitoring and reviewing and improving FSMS, including the signiﬁcance of this for FSMS auditors, management responsibility towards the FSMS, internal FSMS audits, management review of FSMS and FSMS improvement and the understanding of control objectives and controls.
- FSMS Scope identiﬁcation and food safety policy formulation, Hazard Identiﬁcation and Risk Management by adopting the appropriate food safety policy and procedural controls will also be covered.
- The FSMS audit process, principles, and methodology and best practices in planning, conducting, reporting and following up audit.
- Local requirements, culture, practices or approaches to auditing and the application of ISO 22000:2005, and food safety requirements/legislation appropriate for each country in which the course is presented.
The course is highly interactive in nature with emphasis on active involvement of participants in group-work, brainstorm- ing sessions, quizzes, reﬂection exercises and participants teaching each other, which will help participants in assimilating and consolidating their understanding of auditing the FSMS based on ISO 22000 standard effectively.
- Describe the fundamental purpose of a food safety management system as well as the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards, including the signiﬁcance of these for FSMS auditors.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of the following: management system standards; ISO 22000:2005, the ISO 9000:2000 series; guidance documents (ISO 15161:2002); industry practice; standard operating procedures; and the legislative framework relevant to a FSMS.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management systems audit in accordance with 19011.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
Delegates have to take and pass a mandatory closed-book examination (2 hours) to be awarded an IRCA course certiﬁcate.
Food Safety Management System
(5-day Lead Auditor Course